kelin45205 发表于 2013-7-20 18:12:10

nike australia,How To get acquainted with a Disabled Person

How To get acquainted with a Disabled Person
by Stephen Michael Kerr
when you first meet someone who is blind, hard of hearing, Or in a wheelchair, What is your initial answer? attraction? sympathy? clumsiness? If you feel any of these emotions, You are not by yourself. then you don't regularly associate with someone who is disabled, So these feelings are quite normal.
having been blind since birth,nike australia, I have encountered a wide range of reactions,cheap nike free, From curious stares when i walk downtown with a cane or holding someone's arm, To amazement at having the capacity to feed and dress myself. Most folks don't intend to be rude or insensitive, But just aren't sure what to anticipate. Here are four points to bear in mind if you should happen to meet a disabled person.
handicapped people can lead active lives. With few exclusions, A incapability does not prevent someone from working, raising a family, Or enjoying social activities. Many sports and recreation programs have been adapted to support a person with a disability, contains baseball, playing golf, water skiing, cycling, And cycling. Instead of emphasizing the disability, Look at the person much the same way you would any other acquaintance.
It's all right to by asking questions. Many people fear so much offending someone by asking about their disability. When meeting anyone at last, It's natural to be inquisitive about who they are, Where these are from,nike free review, And the things they're doing for a living.
The same holds true for a disabled person. asking questions is usually acceptable, so long as you use common sense. is not going to, for example, Ask a blind person how he feeds and bathes herself. in lieu, find what equipment or techniques he uses in his job and at home, How he gets all around town, how does Braille work, stop smoking,give up.
Offer assistance when necessary. You see a woman in a wheelchair difficulties entering a building or negotiating steps. you want to help, But wouldn't like to embarrass her. What should you do?
It's usually appropriate to lend a hand if someone is having obvious difficulty, But understand not everyone will be willing to accept your help. It's not much distinct from pulling over and offering assistance to a motorist with a flat tire. Unless the woman in the motorized wheel chair is in danger, It isn't required to press the issue if they refuse your help. You did your part.
keep in we all have obstacles to overcome. you are looking for who we are, Each of us has a weakness or complication to face. How do you feel when you are treated differently for being bald, quick, or simply heavyset? as if you, A disabled person would much rather be accepted for who they really are,nike free run womens, Rather than be pitied or shunned due to a disability. Many friends and colleagues have said to me, "I often forget you must be blind, if you ask me, That is the last word compliment.
meeting someone with a disability doesn't have to be an intimidating experience. communicating with them, Offering help, And putting yourself in their shoes can do a lot toward recognizing them as people with normal thoughts and feelings who just happen to have a disability. you never know? You might make some new friends along the way. a subscription, Send a blank email message to,
相关的主题文章:

nike free run 3,Casting calls for major feature film 'Left B

nike free australia,Socks Are non-obligatory As Pa

nike australia,a really sequin dress

nike store,the design That Is Bonafide Bootylicious

nike free run,Closed Toe wedding reception Shoes

nike free run,Tennis Shoes A consumer's Guide

nike store,be aware

cheap nike free run,locating Converse Sneakers Designs Onlin
页: [1]
查看完整版本: nike australia,How To get acquainted with a Disabled Person