roger1991 发表于 2013-7-23 17:50:46

lacoste store-The forgotten Volkswagen a quick lesson in how awareness dictates

The forgotten Volkswagen a quick lesson in how awareness dictates reality
while in my youth VW was about being cheap, Durable and fuel functional. Of course during the late 70 the big Japanese companies bombarded our shores with the own fleets of small, extremely and fuel efficient cars. primarily the Asian hardware was very reliable. The Pennsylvaniabuilt Rabbit to come the original was a disaster. Volkswagen your 1980 became a quirky and marginalized car maker, known for its car the Cabriolet, Than everything else.
Then in the 1990 VW began a slow and sure march chic. enterprise began focusing on giving the premium experience for family car pricing. The Mark IV Passat won much praise for its high grade interior and solidly Germanic all round performance. People began to accept VW as the purveyor of inexpensive upscale cars.
during the early 2000 Ferdinand Piech, The then head of the Volkswagen Group and a man whose ego could not be confined in a jumbo jet hanger (Only someone with his kind of chutzpa could unleash the insane operation monstrosity of the Bugatti Veryon on the world) Decided that VW needed to contend with world best luxury car makers. He had watched on the sidelines as upstart Lexus staked out a major claim on the high end luxury market with the LS430. He selection that VW belonged their as well.
mister. Piech challenged his best engineers to create the greatest luxury sedan ever made. It was to exceed every known standard for fit and handle. The engineering qualities he wanted were almost ludicrous by standards that existed back then. It was rumored he wanted the car to be able to cruise comfortably at over 170 miles-per-hour in 120 degree heat with the AC running full force for hours on end. Several of the top engineers actually quit the project because they believed his regulations were impossible to meet.
However despite all of the down sides VW was able to bring forth the Phaeton in 2004
As an aside it is a common belief that the Phaeton is simply a rebadged Audi A8, Despite resemblances in size, The A8 was created independently and uses an entirely different platform.
The Phaeton true to Mr. Piech vision was indeed a Jet on wheels marvelously appointed, And loaded with every bell and whistle carmakers during that time knew how to add to a car. All wheel drive was the norm. The car were included with 345HP W8 in the base model, And a 420HP W12 was an recommended choice. the bottom (And I use the idea of loosely) Phaeton in progress at 65 grand and the W12 was nearly 100,000 $. These price points put them right into contention with the BMW 7 series and Mercedes S Class. On paper the large VW (It weighed over the Cadillac Sedan Deville and was almost as long) Was a remarkable product. the lining was slathered in beautiful wood, And the plastics and flooring were all high dollar. It featured the world's first 4 zone heating and cooling, And a novel ledger style HVAC system that elimated blowing fans and vents. It dispatched slow traffic blindingly quick in near silence and the active suspensions pounded the road into ultra smooth submission.
So VW had in many ways the best big Euro super sedan on the earth,lacoste store, And for a affordable price. Yet the Phaeton was a dismal failure with just one or two sold. If one were to locate the net for used ones, One could easily find 56 year old examples regarding 20 grand. what went down?
Despite all of the objective and logical merits of the Phaeton, It had been wearing this:
Because quite a few were incapable seeing VW beyond the Beetle, The Golf along with the Jetta, They could not conceive of a 65100K luxury car wearing a VW badge and so VW could not give them away, mister. Peich had VW reach just a little too high.
The Phaeton disappeared quickly and is viewed today as a marketing failure in the same vein as Ford Edsel. (The Phaeton does still sell in small cell numbers in Europe).
Now here is the great irony in all of this. in terms of Phaeton itself is gone, Its kinetic components are still with us.
For those of you who have watched a Rap video in recent years or live in the right parts of town may have seen one of these:
within the winged badges, The unshakable grill, And the all the swag that goes with it is the Volkswagen Phaeton, Same framework, Same transmitting, Same vehicle.
Funny how the same that turn their noses up at $100,000 V12 vw, willingly embrace and pay more than $180,000 for the same car with a different badge and outer skin.
Volkswagen group should be given a final award for marketing.
After all how some companies can fail with one product, Then reintroduce the product under a different name and successfully charge nearly twice the price?
I guess yet another case where perception dictates reality.
frankly, I thought the VW brand had lost its roots when it offered the Phaeton. The reason was that VW (unfavorable volkswagen, When converted into English, requires "peoples' car,), Which owns several lesser brands in Europe for instance such as Skoda and SEAT, Was moving high end. but unfortunately, Those other brands are not sold in the US market where VW is the introduction brand and Audi is its upscale division.
will also, The VW brand no longer had a good name for quality in the US, Having had several embarrasing recalls including one for engine coils that failed while cars were in motion imagine driving down the highway and getting your car's 4 cylinder engine have 2 coils fail and continuing on just 2 cylinders. With a esteem like that,cheap lacoste polo, who would buy a big VW costing 60 to 100K? small number of. indeed, The Bentley brand was a big assignee of the Phaeton's failure. Bentley also needed new product, being split from RollsRoyce and purchased by VW but only having one model the aging Arnage.
The VW brand image did not translate into sales of high price cars here in the US where, In the luxury car market, a top notch name means a lot. a sample is the failure of MercedesBenz's Maybach brand. The name equity only agreed to be not there. appropriately, fine, folks were ugly too! and as well,as well as the, frankly, For all its superior quality, The VW Phaeton also lacked visual pizzazz the Bentley's have in spades.
i presume the beatles are cute little cars, But these days when I got in one, I mean in the past, I truely felt that god forbid one get in an incident, That would essentially be it.
everybody like to see some hood in front of me. When your behind the wheel of the beatle, you never see any hood, to make sure raw road, Just discounts feel safe to me. And I know from the image up there it looks like you would see hood, But you never not the way it angles down, It is not that big.
oh yeah, You know what car I really liked that I had temporarly, our Datsun, They were very experienced little economic cars. And we were holding fun to drive. o. k, after all 35 years ago, Yes that you will find vintage now.
oh, In high school I had a cougar convertable with chilling, It was so rad. And i've never seen another car the color that car was, It was a very soft green and I have yet to see that same color. I think at the time it was custom and had been owned by somebody had everything custom. Good story in that car, associated with, I was the blonde in the convertable that nobody had. Oh and the convertable top was energy and all you had to do was flip the locks and push the buttons, Oh I loved for doing that. additionally the convertable top was white, It was a very sweet car. And i'm not fond of green at all, But this color green was a number of, higher looking.
相关的主题文章:

The Average Cost of New decking

lacoste outlet-Moroccan Furniture and Moroccan decor in your

页: [1]
查看完整版本: lacoste store-The forgotten Volkswagen a quick lesson in how awareness dictates